[legup-dev] Problems with git check out

Andrew Canis andrewcanis at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 11:38:33 EDT 2014

Hi Konrad,

I would highly recommend that you start by using our Virtual Machine image.
This saves you the time of compiling LegUp from scratch and installing all
the required dependencies. Please see our download page for instructions.

We don't recommend starting with our git version because the master branch
is under active development and can be broken at times.
The git command you've specified is correct and I cannot reproduce the
error on any of our servers here. I would try again and make sure your
internet is working:
    $ ping legup.org

Cheers,
Andrew